Connect with us

Entertainment

Total Dhamaal: Madhuri Dixit, Anil Kapoor to star in third film from Indra Kumar’s comedy franchise

The dancing diva of Bollywood Madhuri Dixit is all set to star in a film with her most successful on-screen pair Anil Kapoor in Total Dhamaal, helmed by Indra Kumar.

While it was reported earlier that the two superstars from the ’90s may star in the film, now the director himself has confirmed the news. Speaking to news18, Kumar said, “This film is essentially a comedy so don’t expect any ‘Dhak Dhak’ but I promise Total Dhamaal. Anil and Madhuri have always been a great pair to work with and getting them together again is a dream.”

Madhuri Dixit and Anil Kapoor. Image via Facebook

Madhuri Dixit and Anil Kapoor. Image via Facebook

In their film careers spanning more than two decades, both Dixit and Kapoor have worked together in close to 19 films — Beta, Ram Lakhan, Tezaab, Parinda, Kishen Kanhaiya and Pukar to name a few. They were last seen in Rajkumar Santoshi’s 2001 social drama Lajja.

Total Dhamaal is the third installment to come out of Indra Kumar’s successful comedy franchise Dhamaal. According to news18, this latest comedy offering will also star Ajay Devgn, Riteish Deshmukh, Arshad Warsi and Javed Jafferi.

The 2007 film Dhamaal, starring Sanjay Dutt, Riteish Deshmukh, Arshad Warsi, Jaaved Jaffrey and Aashish Chaudhary marked the beginning of the comedy franchise which was then followed with the 2011 sequel Double Dhamaal which also featured Kangana Ranaut and Mallika Sherawat along with the original male cast.

Readmore

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Entertainment

Malayalam actress assault case: Trial against Dileep and other accused to begin a year after abduction

IANS

Feb,18 2018 13:45 28 IST

Exactly a year later, the much-anticipated verdict in the Kerala actress kidnap case, in which actor Dileep has been named as the eighth accused, is to emerge with the trial set to begin very soon.

Dileep. File Photo

Dileep. File Photo

And the question that is uppermost in people’s minds is — will Dileep walk free or be behind bars.

It was this day last year that the abduction incident took place while the actress was on her way to Kochi from her house in Thrissur.

Her driver allegedly joined hands with a group of ‘criminals’ led by Pulsar Suni, who is the prime accused, and drove her through the busy streets of the commercial capital of the state and after two hours she was dropped near the home of director-actor Lal.

After she told him about what had happened to her, Lal called the police. The driver was first taken into custody and in a few days the rest of the gang, including Suni, was arrested.

But the twist in the tale, in true cinematic style, came when superstar Dileep was arrested on 10 July, 2017, after two rounds of questioning. After spending 85 days in jail, he got conditional bail.

Since then the police probe team has been busy in tying the loose ends in the now high profile case.

The trial court in December accepted the charge sheet that names a total of 12 persons, including Dileep as accused, while his former wife Manju Warrier, is a key witness.

The 650-page charge sheet included secret depositions. Among the list of witnesses, are around 50 from the film industry.

Now all eyes are on the beginning of the trial as the police is burning the midnight oil to see if they can successfully recover the visuals of the kidnapping and alleged molestation, which is reported to have been filmed by the gang.

Published Date: Feb 18, 2018 13:45 PM | Updated Date: Feb 18, 2018 13:45 PM


Readmore

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Drake donates $1 million to struggling Miami residents on set of his God’s Plan music video

Los Angeles: The song is called God’s Plan and Canadian rapper Drake dropped a music video to match on Friday in which he gave away almost $1 million in cash to people in Miami.

Drake, the world’s best-selling artist of 2016, followed it up with a challenge on Instagram urging his fans to “go out and be nice to each other.”

Drake gives away a wad of cash in God's Plan music video. YouTube

Drake gives away a wad of cash in God’s Plan music video. YouTube

The God’s Plan video upended the usual lavish efforts from music production companies, and instead showed Drake handing out wads of cash to struggling families, toys to children, scholarships to students and checks to a women’s shelter and a youth club in Miami, Florida.

“The budget for this video was $996,631.90. We gave it all away. Don’t tell the label,” says the message at the start of the video

Before its release, Drake, 31, called the video “the most important thing I have ever done in my career.”

Emotional fans took to Twitter with effusive praise.

“If you’ve seen Drake’s God’s Plan video and it didn’t hit your heart then I just don’t know. That man’s doing it right,” tweeted one man, Michael McGraw.

“Cried reaaaal tears looking at God’s plan music video. it’s a good life,” a user called Janae wrote on Twitter.

Hours later the Grammy-winning singer issued a challenge on his Instagram saying “let’s all watch the world be nice to each other even if it’s for 24 hours.”

God’s Plan has held the top spot on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart for the past three weeks.

Published Date: Feb 18, 2018 13:48 PM | Updated Date: Feb 18, 2018 13:48 PM

Readmore

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Ram Gopal Varma appears before Hyderabad police in obscenity case filed over God, Sex and Truth

IANS

Feb,17 2018 18:22 14 IST

Hyderabad: Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma on Saturday appeared before Hyderabad police in connection with a case of obscenity booked against him for his movie God, Sex and Truth, and also for allegedly insulting the modesty of a woman.

Ram Gopal Varma. Image from Firstpost

Ram Gopal Varma. Image from Firstpost

The filmmaker, whose controversial movie with American adult entertainment star Mia Malkova was released on internet last month, appeared before the officials of Central Crime Station (CCS) in response to the notice served on him.

The police officials questioned him about the allegations made against him by women activists.

On 25 January, a day before the release of the movie, Varma was booked by the CCS. A case under section 67 of the Information Technology Act, 2000 was booked against him for publishing or transmitting obscene material in electronic form.

The filmmaker was also booked under sections 506 and 509 of Indian Penal Code for allegedly making personal comments against women activists during the debate on the movie on some television channels. When activists accused him of promoting obscenity, Varma allegedly offered to make similar movies with them. He has been charged with insulting the modesty of a woman.

The CCS this week issued fresh notice on Varma as he could not appear before the officials earlier.

Women’s organizations in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh had staged protest last month demanding ban on the release of the movie on web and Varma’s immediate arrest.

The activists alleged that Varma released the movie on web to avoid the certification by authorities. They said the filmmaker is portraying woman as a sex object and promoting pornography.

Published Date: Feb 17, 2018 18:22 PM | Updated Date: Feb 17, 2018 18:22 PM

Readmore

Continue Reading

Member of The Internet Defense League

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Trending