This week’s high tales: iOS 13.2.2 bug fixes, iOS 13.three beta testing, Adobe MAX, extra
Ecobee HomeKit Thermostat
Apple on Thursday released iOS 13.2.2 to the public. This replace continues the refinement of iOS 13 with new bug fixes and efficiency enhancements. The largest change in iOS 13.2.2 is a repair for points associated to background purposes and multitasking. This RAM administration drawback brought on purposes to stop when operating within the background. Find the full release notes here.
Meanwhile, Apple additionally released iOS 13.3 beta 1 to developer and public beta testers. iOS 13.three features a new setting to disable the Memoji keyboard from at all times showing, in addition to Communication Limits by way of Screen Time. Read our full roundup of everything new for all of the details.
According to Apple, the brand new Mac Pro shall be launched someday this fall. DJ Calvin Harris, nevertheless, already has his arms on the machine. In an Instagram story posted this weekend, you may see the brand new Mac Pro on the ground of Harris’ studio.
Apple announced this week that it’s committing $2.5 billion to assist the California housing disaster. That funding contains $1 billion in inexpensive housing investments, $1 billion in mortgage help for first-time consumers, and $300 million price of Apple land opened as much as inexpensive housing initiatives.
Adobe formally launched Photoshop for iPad this week, and made a handful of different bulletins. 9to5Mac’s Michael Steeber was in attendance at Adobe Max, so make sure you check out his full coverage for all the things you have to know.
These and the remainder of this week’s high tales under.
iOS | tvOS |
- iOS 13.2.2 now available with fix for background app performance, more
- Apple releasing first developer beta of iOS 13.3 today [U: Now available]
- What’s new in iOS 13.3 developer beta 1?
- Apple releasing first public beta of iOS 13.3 today
- iOS 14 concept teases what a new call screen UI, Split View, complications, and more could look like on iPhone
- Microsoft launches beta for new Office iOS app, includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Tired of seeing Memoji Stickers on your emoji keyboard? There’s a fix for that
- Apple stops signing iOS 13.1.2 and iOS 13.1.3, blocking downgrades
- How to select, move, delete multiple emails on iPhone, iPad w/ two-finger tap
Mac + iPad |
Adobe Max |
- Adobe MAX 2019: Photoshop on iPad arrives, Adobe Aero debuts on iOS, more updates to Creative Cloud apps
- Adobe on Lightroom’s progress, the future of Classic, and inspiring pros
- Adobe MAX Sneaks 2019: AR prototyping, automatic photo relighting, image manipulation detection, more previewed
- Photoshop, Illustrator, Fresco: The next generation of pro iPad apps need your help
- Hands-on with Aero, Adobe’s new AR creation app
- Adobe previews Illustrator on iPad, shipping in 2020
Top Apple tales, retail |
Apple Watch |
Apple TV |
Tech Industry |
Top Apple tales, firm |
Subscribe to 9to5Mac’s YouTube channel for extra movies.
This week’s high movies |
9to5Mac Daily |
Listen to a recap of the highest tales of the day from 9to5Mac. 9to5Mac Daily is out there on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, Stitcher, TuneIn, Google Play, or by way of our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and different podcast gamers.
9to5Mac Watch Time episode 9 |
In the tenth episode of 9to5Mac Watch Time, Zac goes solo to share his expertise with operating a half marathon race at Disney World with the Apple Watch Series 5 and newly launched AirPods Pro.
9to5Mac Watch Time is a seasonal podcast collection hosted by Zac Hall. In this collection, we discuss to actual individuals about how the Apple Watch is affecting their lives.
9to5Mac Watch Time is now obtainable on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, and your favourite podcast participant by way of RSS. Subscribe now to take pleasure in our teaser trailer and listen to new episodes as quickly as they drop — beginning subsequent week.
Happy Hour Podcast #250 |
HomePod has a terrific vacation value and new options, Zac examined AirPods Pro at a Disney World Half Marathon, iOS 13.three introduces new enhancements, and Benjamin provides his tackle the launch of Apple TV+.
Stacktrace Podcast #61 |
From modularizing code and cloud-synced databases to critiques of the primary set of Apple TV+ reveals — this episode of Stacktrace has all of it. Also, what might the implications of Photoshop operating on ARM64 be, extra hypothesis about Apple’s AR (or maybe VR?) efforts, and a brief journey to Bermuda.
Apple @ Work |
Apple @ Work is a weekly collection from Bradley Chambers protecting Apple in training. Bradley has been managing Apple gadgets in an training setting since 2009. Through his expertise deploying and managing lots of of Macs and lots of of iPads, Bradley will spotlight methods by which Apple’s merchandise work at scale, tales from the trenches of IT administration, and methods Apple might enhance its merchandise for college students.
Subscribe to get all 9to5Mac’s stories delivered to your inbox each day. And to 9to5Toys for the best deals from across the net.
FTC: We use revenue incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.