Recently Facebook has announced the release of an AI (artificial intelligence) assistant for Facebook messenger simply known as “M”. Facebook M is a hybrid of both artificial intelligence and human intelligence. It is just like siri in apple, cortana and google and more than they are. It performs complex tasks and answering to the complex questions in a perfect manner which other digital assistants cannot. It assists you with making plans, shares relevant sticker suggestions, detects when you need a poll, enables you to share the location, helps you to send or request money, book rides with uber and booking tickets.
Suggestions from M appear when it recognizes intent in a conversation and initially will include the following actions:
- Sending stickers: M shares fun sticker suggestions for your daily life interactions like “Thank you” or “Bye-bye.”
- Paying or requesting money: M recognizes when people are discussing payments and gives them the option of easily sending or requesting money.
- Sharing your location: M can suggest an option to share your location during a conversation.
- Making plans: If people are talking about getting together, M helps coordinating a plan.
- Starting a poll (in group conversations only): Have a hard time making decisions in a group? M lets you set a poll topic and vote in group conversations.
- Getting a Ride: Talking about going somewhere? M suggests “Get A Ride” and shares an option of Lyft or Uber.
This is going to be the biggest project of Facebook whether it will be successful or not. But it is a good idea. Facebook M going to be the future.