Corporate vice president of Microsoft Surface and head of Microsoft Hardware Division, Panos Panay corporate vice president of Microsoft Surface and head of Microsoft Hardware Division, talked about the hardware of the new Lumia 950 and 950XL in his speech at the Microsoft Windows 10 device event. This is one tool that Microsoft brings to its Lumia 950 and larger Lumia 950 XL as Microsoft’s first Windows 10 phones. Even without biometric iris-scanning, the duo makes a strong showing for Microsoft. They have big, sharp displays, proven processors, a cutting-edge USB Type-C charging port and two things a lot of buyers cherish: a removable battery and a microSD card slot for extra storage.
Features and design
The Lumia 950 and 950 XL share most core specs below, though the XL has the larger screen and battery, and a different processor with eight cores rather than six.
- Windows 10 Mobile operating system with Cortana voice assistant
- 5.2-inch AMOLED screen with 2,560×1,440-pixel resolution
- six-core Snapdragon 808 processor
- 20-megapixel PureView camera
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera
- 4K video capture
- USB Type-C fast-charger
- 3,000mAh removable battery
- 32GB internal storage with up to 200GB in microSD storage
- Price starts from $549