The 19-year-old Teen Sold Bomb Threats Against Jewish Centers, Schools
An Israeli American teenager who was arrested on March 23 in connection with a string of bomb threats made to at least 245 schools and Jewish community centers (JCCs) in the U.S. earlier this year has been indicted for running a bomb threat business on the online black market.
Israeli prosecutors said the suspect made thousands of hoax bomb calls, including schools, shopping malls, police stations, airlines and airports in North America, Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Norway and Denmark.
According to unsealed court documents, the FBI revealed that Michael Kadar, 19, was running a “School Email Bomb Threat Service” on AlphaBay, a dark web marketplace which sold illegal goods and services until it was shut down by the U.S. authorities in July.
Kadar use to issue bomb threats through emails that contained the message “Comrades [had]planted a few bombs at school,” and that students and staff members will be “massacred mercilessly shortly”, which gave rise to fears of increasing anti-Semitism and provoking scores of evacuations, the FBI alleges.
A newly unsealed search warrant alleges that for each bomb threat, Kadar used to charge $30 and if the client wanted to frame an individual for the message, he would charge an additional $15.
Kadar was arrested by the police in Israel in March after he failed to route his internet connection via a proxy server that in turn gave away his IP address. He was arrested under suspicion that he was behind a wave of bomb threats targeting Jewish institutions in the U.S.
When the police raided Kadar’s residence, they found a flash drive containing the teen’s personal records on his alleged bomb threats.
Kadar allegedly joined the dark web market AlphaBay under the username “Darknet_Legend” on February 8.
“I have saved email bomb threat texts when I email the bomb threat,” Kadar allegedly advertised in an AlphaBay post under the name Darknet_Legend. “If you request that I send the school a custom email text that you wrote then give me the bomb threat text that you wrote in the buyer notes and I will send the school the text you provided.”
The post offered refunds to its customers for unsuccessful bomb threats, and tiered pricing ranging from $30 for a single threat, to $90 for “emailed bomb threat to a school districts\multiple schools + framing someone for it”.
For this latter service, Darknet_Legend added a warning: “there is a no guarantee that the police will question or arrest the framed person,” he wrote in the advertisement. “I just add the persons name to the email. In addition in my experience of doing bomb threats putting someones name in the emailed threat will reduce the chance of the threat being successful. But it’s up to you if you would like me to frame someone.”
And the business even had a very good review where one AlphaBay user wrote: “Amazing on time and on target. We got evacuated and got the day cut short” — that online post, made hours after a threat made to Rancho Cotate High School in Rohnert Park, California, north of San Francisco was closed as police investigated a threat.
Kadar totally racked up $240,000 for his services by the time he was arrested. He is facing accusations of making threats for financial gain alongside charges of money laundering and the attempted blackmail of Ernesto Lopez, a Delaware state senator. Kadar has been charged in the U.S. and Israel simultaneously. However, he has not been extradited to America until now. If he gets convicted on the charges in Israel, he can face up to 10 years in prison.
The teen’s U.S. born mother and Israeli father say their son, who moved to Israel aged 5 and lives with them in the southern city of Ashkelon, suffers from health problems.
“He has high-level autism. I appeal to the world on his behalf for forgiveness for he does not know what he has done,” his mother told reporters. “This tumour has caused a state of some type of mental dysfunction that he is not aware of what he is doing. My son does not hate anyone.”
Salman Khan launches Bina Kak’s book Silent Sentinels Of Ranthambhore
Bollywood actor Salman Khan launched photographer Bina Kak’s book Silent Sentinels Of Ranthambhore on 13 December, terming it a “great book”.
“I think it is a great book because I have seen all the pictures much before they have released. All the pictures are really nice and beautiful,” he said in a media interaction.
Katrina Kaif, Salim Khan, Helen, Salman Khan, Baba Siddique, Priya Dutt and many more also attended the book launch.
Salman also said that every time, his movie is nearing release, Kak comes out with a book.
“I don’t understand whether we are here promoting Tiger Zinda Hai or her book.
“It had happened earlier, I was doing Sultan with Ali Abbas Zafar, we were planning on going to Ranthambhore, at that time Bina issued a book on a tiger named Sultan, but the plan didn’t work out. Now Tiger Zinda Hai is coming and her book is also releasing at the same time,” he said.
Salman also shared yet another funny story concerning Kak.
“Every time Bina Kak visits a jungle, my life turns into a mess. She sends me 50 photographs every day. So I am like this is good, incredible, I would send her long messages but, in time, it went from ‘very nice’ to ‘nice’ and then ‘hmm’ and eventually I would send her only ‘K’,” he added.
Salman Khan will be next seen in Tiger Zinda Hai opposite Katrina. The film, helmed by Zafar, releases on 22 December.
Shaneeshwaruni Divya Charitra Episode 119
Watch Shaneeshwaruni Divya Charitra Episode 119 Will Shani consume the Mahavish? telecasted on 14 Dec 17 Online.
Watch Shaneeshwaruni Divya Charitra Daily Serial online
Mon – Fri @ 8:30PM on Gemini TV
Will Shani consume the Mahavish?
Shaneeshwaruni Divya Charithra Telugu Dubbing Version of Shani Dev
Featured Image by viacom18
Bey Logan, consulting producer on Weinstein’s film Shanghai, accused of sexual misconduct
According to a report by Variety, a Hong Kong-based film executive Bey Logan, who has had professional and personal relationship with the disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, has been accused of sexual misconduct.
Hong Kong’s HK01, in one of its detailed investigative reports around the #MeToo campaign, had first brought the news of Logan’s misconduct when an unnamed actress alleged that Logan was an accomplice as well as a participant in many instances of sexual misconduct.
It was reported that Logan, who is also a martial arts expert, would harass actresses on and off the sets. In addition to that it is also alleged that he sent actresses to Harvey Weisnstein’s hotel room whenever he was in the city where acts of sexual misconduct were forced upon those actresses.
A total of seven women have reported against Logan to HK01. One of these actresses happen to be the Indonesian-Chinese actress Sable Yu who was the lead actress in the film Snowblade that was helmed by Logan himself. She said he had told her during the film’s production that sleeping with Weinstein would only open better opportunities. Also, she was subjected to sexual assault by him which ranged from walking naked to completely inappropriate moves.
However, Logan maintained that “many of the accusations made against me are either untrue or taken out of context. I categorically deny any criminal wrongdoing. I have never forced myself on a woman.” He further added that he will “now step back and take time to reflect on my behavior and the values which I should uphold.”
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Serials2 days ago
Shaneeshwaruni Divya Charitra Episode 117
Serials1 day ago
Shaneeshwaruni Divya Charitra Episode 118
Entertainment2 days ago
Dhanush resumes shooting of long-pending film Enai Nokki Paayum Thota, slated for February 2018 release
Entertainment3 days ago
Anushka Sharma, Virat Kohli wedding: Bollywood, Indian cricket fraternity, Twitterati wish the newly-weds
Entertainment2 days ago
Bigg Boss 11, Episode 72, 12 December 2017: Arshi, Akash want to use Shilpa’s friendship to become finalists
Entertainment19 hours ago
Woofer: Snoop Dogg, Dr Zeus, Nargis Fakhri unite their creative energies for this stylised Punjabi number
Entertainment3 days ago
Bigg Boss 11, Weekend Ka Vaar, 10 December 2017: Hiten ‘exposed’; Vikas fights with Hina, calls her ‘chaalu’
Entertainment11 hours ago
Watch: Guru Randhawa’s song ‘Lahore’ is all about being smitten in love