With the launch of AMD’s hotly-anticipated Ryzen 3rd Generation processors simply across the nook – the brand new CPUs are anticipated to be formally unveiled this Wednesday, January 9 at AMD’s CES 2019 convention – Intel has in the present day used its CES occasion to lastly announce it is including six extra Ninth-gen Core processors, starting from Core i3 to Core i9, set to launch quickly.
The brand new processors be part of the corporate’s three current ‘flagship’ Ninth-generation desktop chips, which launched in October final yr – the Core i5-9600Okay, i7-9700Okay and i9-9900K – in addition to the Ninth-generation X-series for HEDT programs.
Intel did not formally announce full particulars of the brand new processors, however we have been capable of dig up info on all six of them by way of some URL experimentation in Intel’s ARK product database:
- Intel Core i3-9350KF: 4-cores, 4-threads, no built-in graphics, clocked at 4.0GHz to 4.6GHz
- Intel Core i5-9400: 6-cores, 6-threads, Intel UHD Graphics 630, clocked at 2.9GHz to 4.1GHz
- Intel Core i5-9400F: 6-cores, 6-threads, no built-in graphics, clocked at 2.9GHz to 4.1GHz
- Intel Core i5-9600KF: 6-cores, 6-threads, no built-in graphics, clocked at 3.7GHz to 4.1GHz
- Intel Core i7-9700KF: 8-cores, 8-threads, no built-in graphics, clocked at 3.6GHz to 4.9GHz
- Intel Core i9-9900KF: 8-cores, 16-threads, no built-in graphics, clocked at 3.6GHz to five.0GHz
What’s maybe most intriguing about them is that 5 of the six new chips look like a part of a model new F-series of processors, which have eliminated (or probably disabled) the built-in graphics chip that just about each mainstream Intel processor now consists of. Which may be an try to scale back prices (as it is going to permit the chip-maker to promote CPUs with non-functional GPUs) however it is going to probably additionally imply these processors run cooler and use much less energy – and so they could possibly be higher for overclocking because of this.
Considerably surprisingly, Intel did not expressly point out the brand new F-series at its press convention. If these new GPU-less processors do come at a diminished worth, they could even be geared toward tackling AMD’s Ryzen household of processors, which largely supply higher bang for buck than their Intel equivalents.
With many mid-range and higher-end PCs nonetheless coming geared up with a devoted graphics card, Intel’s built-in chips typically go to waste, so providing a variety of cheaper, GPU-less processors might assist Intel win again a number of the value-oriented market phase that it is just lately been dropping to AMD.
We have requested Intel for affirmation of those particulars and for a touch upon the F-series, and can replace this story with additional info because it comes handy.