Dohchay Movie Review
Naga Chaitanya’s crime comedy thriller film Dohchay is written, directed by Sudheer Varma under Sri Venkateswara Cine Chitra productions.
Movie Name : Dohchay [U]
Release Date : 24th April, 2015
Production House : Sri Venkateswara Cine Chitra
Movie Genre : Action | Comedy | Thriller
Tagline : N/A
Running Time : 2 Hrs 18 Mins
Starring: Naga Chaitanya, Kriti Sanon, Brahmanandam, Ravi Babu, Posani Krishna Murali, Pooja Ramachandran
Direction: Sudheer Varma
Music: Sunny M.R.
Cinematography: Richard Prasad
Edited By: Karthika Srinivas
Producer: B.V.S.N Prasad
Rating: 3.5 out of 5
Naga Chaitanya’s 12th Tollywood movie directed & written by Sudheer Varma and produced by B.V.S.N Prasad under Sri Venkateswara Cine Chitra banner with Sunny M.R. music and Richard Prasad cinematography is released on 24th April, 2015.
Chandu (Naga Chaitanya) is a con artist who does what he does to support his sister’s medical college education. He also has a father (Rao Ramesh), who is serving a life term for no fault of his. While going about his business, Chandu unexpectedly crosses the path of Manikyam (Posani), a ruthless don. Manikyam specialises in planning bank robberies.
The booty from one such successful robbery falls into Chandu’s hands by accident. This money can solve all of Chandu’s problems and bring his father out of jail. Things get personal when Manikyam’s role in Rao Ramesh’s arrest comes to light.
Chandu must now fight Manikyam, a corrupt Circle Inspector ( Ravi Babu ) and time. He has the help of his girl friend Meera (Kriti Sanon), his gang of friends and Bullet Babu ( Brahmanandam).
What happens in the end is what this con drama is all about.
Plus Points :
– Naga Chaitanya looks cool in the movie. He has changed his style and mannerisms and the overall effect is nice.
– Kriti Sanon looks gorgeous. She has a limited role but her glamour is a big asset for the movie.
– Posani Krishna Murali and Brahmanandam are very good in their respective roles. In fact, the film has very good comedy scenes in the closing stages. Saptagiri delivers a knockout punch as a lawyer in the closing stages.
– The twists in the story have been executed very nicely. Ravi Babu has been used cleverly. The climax twist involving Posani is nice.
– Action sequences in the film deserve special mention. There is a parkour sequence that has been shot well. A bike chase sequence towards the end is also pretty good.
Minus Points :
-Though the film has a short runtime, it still feels a little slow, especially during the first 30 minutes or so in the second half. About 10 minutes can be chopped off here.
– None of the songs really work in the film. They have good visuals and Naga Chaitanya and Kriti look good in them, but they add little in terms of entertainment.
– Some cinematic liberties have been taken a few points have not been closed nicely. The Home Minister’s PA thread is too unrealistic. The romance between Kriti and Chaitanya could have been dealt with in a more comprehensive way.
Over all rating