Chirp 2 for Apple Watch brings infinite Twitter timeline, main velocity increase on watchOS 6, extra
Chirp for Twitter 2.Zero is available now as a free download with in-app purchases obtainable to assist developer Will Bishop and unlock the professional tier.
Chirp first debuted final 12 months with the objective of bringing full Twitter support to Apple Watch and we expect it delivers on that as we’ve seen great updates make the app even better over time.
Today’s main 2.Zero launch brings a a lot sooner expertise, infinite timeline scrolling, username colours, pictures in DMs, the choice to DM proper from profiles, and rather more for Apple Watch.
Chirp 2.0 consists of assist for 13 new languages and the iOS app will get Dark Mode assist.
9to5Mac lead editor Zac Hall has been testing the brand new model of Chirp and considers it “the best example of experiences developers can create on the Apple Watch — even if companies behind services like Twitter aren’t interested.”
Zac was additionally capable of dive extra into the making of Chirp and Will Bishop’s different apps in an episode of the 9to5Mac Watch Time podcast this fall.
If you don’t have it already, Chirp is definitely worth picking up.
Full Release notes:
Hey everybody! I don’t use the ‘2.0’ model quantity frivolously, and I’m so glad I waited this lengthy to make use of it! Here is a listing of all the new options you’ll find in Chirp 2.0! Please notice, some options beneath required watchOS 6.
- The timeline has been fully rewritten for watchOS 6. It’s now actually sooner, extra environment friendly, and extra dependable than ever. It now has true infinite scrolling too!
- Username Colours! Head in to Settings in your iPhone or Apple Watch working watchOS 6 (or later) to alter the colour of your username! Better but, everybody else utilizing Chirp will be capable of see it too! This characteristic is $2 (or $1 for Chirp Pro customers) – The determination to make it paid was not taken frivolously, however finally it required a whole lot of backend work, which I imagine justifies the $2 (or $1) improve.
- Mentions, Likes, Trending, Hashtags, Lists and Search now all use the extra environment friendly and feature-packed timeline!
- An improved video participant! Tired of movies endlessly loading, or simply freezing up? I’ve written a totally new video participant to be way more strong, dependable, and better of all, quick!
- With username colours, there’s now a ‘Rainbow’ choice. But throughout Pride month (June), this shade shall be free for everybody.
- Dark mode is now obtainable within the iOS app
- Sign up in seconds! Instead of opening Twitter.com and logging in, if the Twitter app is put in in your iPhone, now you can authenticate with that.
- Faster load instances
- Images now present in DMs
- Tweet now additionally present in DMs
- FlickType has been up to date to be means simpler to make use of. No extra dots as you sort, no extra painful corrections, simply sort as you’d in your cellphone (Check the Apple Watch screenshots for a fast preview)!
- Image grids! Up to 4 pictures per tweet can now be previewed in your timeline. Previously it was restricted to only one, however now you possibly can see all 4 in a snazzy grid.
- Want to ship a person a direct message immediately from their profile? Now you possibly can! Just power contact and hit the message button!
- More messages! Chirp can now load as much as 3 times as many messages as earlier than (from 50 as much as 150)!
- You can now delete tweets you’ve authored by force-touching and selecting ‘Delete Tweet’.
The much less attention-grabbing modifications:
- Added a troubleshooting information to the Chirp setup web page on each iOS and watchOS.
- When a person buys Chirp Pro, they’ll now be prompted on their Apple Watch with directions on easy methods to tweet.
- Added an ‘Acknowledgements’ web page to the iOS settings web page. Head to Settings > Chirp > Acknowledgements to see it!
- When logging out of Chirp in your iPhone, the at the moment logged in username shall be proven.
- The search web page now prompts you to enter a search time period in case you faucet ‘Search People’ or ‘Search Tweets’ earlier than coming into one. This was a standard level of confusion, so I’m glad I’ve cleared it up.
- Chirp now makes use of a verified brand rather than a blue username
New languages! I’m so completely satisfied to say that Chirp is now obtainable in:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Danish (Denmark)
- Norwegian Bokmål
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Spanish (Latin America)
It additionally wouldn’t be an replace with out some bug fixes!
- If a tweet quoted a tweet which itself was a quote, a big clean area would seem.
- Some pictures would seem squished or would simply in any other case have the inaccurate facet ratio
- Improved reliability of setup.
- Some customers could have proven as verified even when they weren’t
- Some typos right here and there
- Sometimes ‘Tipping Jar’ price-labels might be truncated, this must be much less of a difficulty now.
Thank you all on your continued assist! Don’t overlook you possibly can all the time contact me by way of e mail or Twitter to let me know what you need to see within the subsequent replace!
Ps. Chirp now collects some strictly nameless person information. I take advantage of this information to higher prioritise my growth time to make sure the options you utilize most are dependable. You can simply decide out of this in Chirp Settings in your Apple Watch.
FTC: We use revenue incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.