11-year-old California lady says her iPhone 6 exploded, Apple investigating

An 11-year-old lady from California claims that her iPhone 6 not too long ago caught hearth. Kayla Ramos says that she was holding her iPhone in her hand when she noticed sparks and threw the gadget throughout the room.

11-year-old California lady says her iPhone 6 exploded, Apple investigating 1
11-year-old California lady says her iPhone 6 exploded, Apple investigating 1
11-year-old California lady says her iPhone 6 exploded, Apple investigating 1
11-year-old California lady says her iPhone 6 exploded, Apple investigating 1
11-year-old California lady says her iPhone 6 exploded, Apple investigating 5

Sylvania HomeKit Light Strip

11-year-old California lady says her iPhone 6 exploded, Apple investigating 1
11-year-old California lady says her iPhone 6 exploded, Apple investigating 1
11-year-old California lady says her iPhone 6 exploded, Apple investigating 1
11-year-old California lady says her iPhone 6 exploded, Apple investigating 1

As detailed by 23ABC, Ramos mentioned that the iPhone 6 burned holes in a blanket as soon as she threw it. She added that she typically solely makes use of the gadget to look at YouTube movies:

“I was sitting down, and I had my phone in my hand and then I saw sparks flying everywhere and I just threw it on a blanket,” mentioned Ramos. “I was right here on the bed and the phone managed to burn through this blanket and make these holes,” mentioned Ramos.

Ramos says she used her iPhone 6 to look at YouTube movies and sometimes lets her youthful siblings play video games with it.

Kayla’s mom, Maria Adata, mentioned she reached out to Apple and was instructed to ship the cellphone to a service middle. Apple may even reportedly present the household with a brand new cellphone and examine the reason for the explosion. Apple itself has not publicly commented on the state of affairs, although.

Apple typically says that there are a number of issues that will trigger iPhones to catch hearth, together with utilizing unauthorized charging cables and aftermarket repairs. In Ramos’ case, nevertheless, the household says that that neither of these apply to their iPhone 6.

This isn’t the primary time that we’ve seen an iPhone catch fire. In some instances, the fireplace his attributable to overheating because it was placed under a pillow. Two years in the past, a viral video on Twitter claimed to show an iPhone 7 Plus catching fire. In December, an Ohio man mentioned that his iPhone XS Max caught fire and exploded in his pocket.

Details of Ramos’ case stay unclear, however we are going to you’ll want to replace if Apple publicly feedback on the reason for the explosion.


HyperCube iPhone USB backup charger

Source

Facebook Comments
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time